Careers at Vergason Technology, Inc
Vergason Technology, Inc. designs, builds, sells, and services complete PVD thin-film vacuum-coating systems specializing in robust high-volume tools primarily for the automotive industry. Vergason is located in Van Etten, NY and is a growing company offering an exciting work environment with constantly changing challenges.
Vergason is seeking an experienced and driven sales engineer to join our team. As a member of our Sales team, you will support growth objectives by securing new accounts in both our Coating Services unit as well as our capital equipment unit. This position will require interfacing directly with customers’ engineering staffs, as well as acting as liaison between customer and our R&D team. A sound technical background in engineering, material science, or other physical science is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present technical and commercial proposals in response to customer RFQs / RFPs
- Provide extensive pre-sales support to potential new customers
- Coordinate and attend trade show exhibitions, sometimes as sole VTI representative
- Write and present technical papers or new product introductions at trade shows and symposiums
- Develop a level of technical competence in all business unit areas to be able to speak authoritatively and convincingly about the features, benefits, and advantages of all of our products and services.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering and 4+ years of related experience
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Degree in Materials Science, Physics, Engineering or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated to achieve growth targets and sales goals
- Team player, positive outlook, good at working with diverse groups.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Experience with vacuum coating technology
- Experience with coatings, either paint, powder, PVD, CVD, or plasma spray.
- Understanding of organic materials such as polymer resins, thermoplastics and thermosets.